Sigma IT Poland is a division within DANIR AB – an IT consulting and R&D company. We opened our Wroclaw office in 2017 and now we are a 100+ crew.
We have the opportunity to cooperate with world-renowned brands, also from Scandinavia, the USA, UK, and Australia. Our goal is to grow strong but rather in competencies than in numbers.
If you like what we do, see our offer, maybe it is you we will have the pleasure to meet! :)
We are looking for:
Senior Enterprise Architects to work with our top client from the Big Pharma industry to help us to lead and further transform the IT landscape with AWS cloud.
As an AWS Solution Architect principal, you will lead and manage overall client technology strategy across a broader team of cross-functional resources within an enterprise account. You will partner with the account managers, owning the technical aspects of an account, and the corresponding executive relationships (e.g. CTO, PMs, Architects, etc.). In addition, you should have the ability to take on mentoring new members on the team or other groups based on their area of depth and expertise.
You will lead the Software Engineering team and contribute with your expertise to our client’s CGR’s multidisciplinary research environment comprising of computational biologists, genome scientists, DevOps, and software engineers.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with the ability to develop and communicate strategies regarding the client department (Genome Informatics) and the Cloud industry.
What will you do:
- Define and manage the architecture principles for our client’s Genome Informatics department.
- The support team of high-level professionals consisting of software developers, cloud DevOps engineers, and architects ensure the software implementations are in line with AWS Well-Architected Framework and others already implemented.
- End-to-end design of data flows between systems for clinical, genomics, and OMICs data processing and analysis, drive the adoption of data standards and industry best practices.
- Assisting with building the new architecture and set of solutions that meet business requirements and are aligned with our client’s architectural standards.
- Acting as a Senior Subject Matter Expert and support to other architects (including third-party suppliers) in the development and documentation of current architecture.
- Provide necessary support for business evaluation and selection decisions, including project estimates which contribute to the business cases.
- Taking care of compliance and governing ongoing architecture and technology innovation.
- Be focused on constant optimization of the infrastructure and systems to benefit from the scalability of AWS.
- Work with existing and potential customers to deeply understand their business and technical needs. Develop solutions that make the best use of the AWS Cloud platform.
- Collaborate with AWS field sales, training, and support teams to ensure customer success.
- Experience working with large data systems using AWS services – PB scale object storage systems and TB scale databases.
- Experience with applications of advanced analytics, including AI/ML in genomics.
You might be the perfect match if you are/have:
- 10+ years of IT consulting experience as a technical specialist.
- Expertise Enterprise IT in multiple of the following areas: Software design or development; Infrastructure architecture; Content distribution; Database architecture; IP Networking; IT Security; Data Center Operations; Enterprise Applications.
- Breath of expertise in Cloud Computing/AWS platform, technologies, and architectural best practices.
- Significant AWS experience involving design and implementation of the cloud-native systems on top of the AWS platform.
Moreover, we appreciate skills in these areas:
- Experience in architecting complex use cases leveraging AWS services and multi-environment technologies.
- Prior leadership experience and strong leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and Executive audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
- Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
- A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects/infrastructures.
- A relevant Professional AWS certification.
- Data Governance experience (policies, procedures and guidelines within a quality, compliant, and secure environment).
- Experience implementing and maintaining business solution architectures under any formal framework for genomics or clinical data architecture.
By joining us, you gain:
- Interesting projects that you will play a crucial role in a multi-national environment; (Actually, we work with companies from industries such as music, logistics, telecommunications, social services, entertainment, Smart Home, automotive, and bioinformatics.)
- You will have a code review and work with skilled engineers over 60% of our team are people with over 5 years of experience in the industry;
- Fully remote work for your convenience or in our office in Wrocław;
- Choice of employment form: we offer B2B or employment contract;
- Flexible working hours with no micro-management approach. Our core hours are 9-15, the rest of working time is your decision;
- We provide high-quality work equipment + 2 additional monitors and accessories;
- We respect your private life so you don't have to work overtime or on weekends;
- Constant development through the personal training budget and transfer knowledge;
- Online and offline integrations - we want to be in touch with you all the time!;
- Free benefits such as Luxmed, Multisport, life insurance in Nationale Nederlanden;
- Attractive referral system (8k for senior, 5k for mid, 2k for junior).
If you apply for this position and match with our expectations, then:
1) You will be invited for an internal interview with Agnieszka and one of our Technical Recruiters.
2) You will have a short meeting with our client.
Submit your application online in one easy step! Apply now!