Sigma IT Poland is a division within DANIR AB – an IT consulting and R&D company. We opened our Wroclaw office in 2017 and now we are a 120+ crew. We have the opportunity to work with world-renowned brands from Scandinavia, the USA, the UK, and Western Europe. Our goal is to grow strong but rather in competencies than in numbers.
If you like what we do, see our offer, maybe it is you we will have the pleasure to meet! :)
We are looking for:
Data Engineer you will have the opportunity to:
• Automate and scale data processes across the drug discovery lifecycle.
• Collaborate with domain experts in cross functional teams to deliver results.
• Work within an integrated engineering team to standardize best practices, democratize access to data and evolve our data infrastructure.
• Examples of the types of projects include:
• Aid in the development of a Knowledge Graph and NLP platform to help our scientists find and use the best data.
• Implementing a new data platform to ensure our data is managed and FAIR.
• Build a snowflake environment to support data discovery and knowledge sharing.
• Design and build pipelines to run asynchronous data processing jobs triggered from a user interface request.
You might be the perfect match if you are/have:
- Strong programming skills. 3+ years experience: Python preferred. Knowledge of database concepts, data modelling and SQL,
- Experience with serverless and cloud technologies (AWS),
- Communicative, responsible, proactive.
- English at least B2.
Moreover, we appreciate skills in these areas:
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL technology (Snowflake, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB etc),
- Pipeline and automation tools (we use Prefect),
- Data Lakes and related technologies such as Athena, BigQuery or Dremio,
- Data catalogue tools,
- Graph database technologies,
- Application API frameworks such as RESTful and GraphQL,
- DevOps concepts such as CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes.
By joining us, you gain:
- Exciting projects, multinational and inspiring environment for talented IT professionals. Various projects in diverse, cutting-edge industries. Biotech, Automotive, Internet of Things, or AR/VR;
- Code review done by skilled engineers (over 60% of our team are people with over 5 years of experience in the industry);
- Becoming a part of a team of motivated individuals, that are here to stay. We value loyalty – as you grow, we grow with you;
- Respect for your private life so you don't have to work overtime or on weekends;
- Online and offline events – let's know each other better!
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote work from your convenience or in our office in Wrocław;
- Choice of employment form: we offer B2B or employment contract;
- Free benefits such as Luxmed, Multisport, life insurance in Nationale Nederlanden;
- Attractive referral system (8k for senior, 5k for mid, 2k for junior);
- Personal development through the training budget and transfer of knowledge;
- Flexible working hours with no micro-management approach. Our core hours are 9-15, the rest of the working time is your decision;
- We provide high-quality work equipment + 2 additional monitors and accessories.
If you apply for this position and match our expectations, then:
1) You will be invited to talk with Weronika.
2) You will have a short meeting with our client.
Submit your application online in one easy step! Apply now!