Sigma IT Poland is a division within NEXER GROUP – a custom software development company. In Poland, we started in 2017 and now we are 150+ crew with an office in Wrocław, Warsaw, and any day Cracow. We have the opportunity to work with world-renowned brands from Scandinavia, the UK, and Western Europe. Our goal is to grow strong, rather in competencies than in pure numbers.
If you like what we do, see our offer, maybe it is you we will have the pleasure to meet! :)
We are looking for (Bioinformatics) Data Specialist, who will join Oncology and Data Science team. If you want to improve patients’ lives with creativity, have a can-do mentality and an interest in science, you’ll thrive working for our client. In your role you will act quite independently but you will receive complex introduction to the projects by Data Management Lead and other colleagues working on similar position.
Your daily tasks, in general, will be connected with handling the majority of molecular data transfer and working in governance group. Making long story short: make sure that everybody has everything; establish new standards, share them and make sure that these are respected.
- Organizing and conducting data ingestion, trafficking and distribution;
- Support and drive the further setup of data flow;
- Support and/or drive the development of new data standards and implement them in the collaboration with our internal stakeholders and with our vendors;
- Working with stakeholders across different functions on their data problems and data transfer request (driving communication and support)
- Support access management of key data products.
You might be the perfect match if you are/have:
- Computer Science, Engineering or Bioinformatics working background (at least 3 years);
- Strong expertise (at least 3 years) in data management, keying and linking, data handling and data wrangling;
- Experience in Data Governance: creaction, application and communication of Data Standards, Stakeholder management, implementation of processes for Data Flows standarization, managing Data Transfers, understanding of the FAIR principles;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Proactive and independent working style;
- Cross-functional mindset and strong stakeholder management skills to connect different departments and drive setup of best practices and change within current data management activities;
- Expertise with biological/health data.
Moreover, we appreciate skills in these areas:
- Basic understanding of AWS S3 bucket.
By joining us, you gain the following:
- Exciting projects, multinational and inspiring environment for talented IT professionals. Various projects in diverse, cutting-edge industries. Biotech, Automotive, Internet of Things, or AR/VR;
- Code review done by skilled engineers (over 60% of our team are people with over 5 years of experience in the industry);
- Becoming a part of a team of motivated individuals, that are here to stay. We value loyalty – as you grow, we grow with you;
- Respect for your private life so you don't have to work overtime or on weekends;
- Online and offline integration events - including remote X-mass party and annual WOW tour trip abroad - so far we've been in Cape Town and Barcelona.
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote work from your convenience or in our office in Wrocław or Warsaw;
- Choice of employment form: we offer B2B or employment contract;
- Free benefits such as Luxmed, Multisport, and life insurance in Nationale Nederlanden;
- Attractive referral system (8k for senior, 5k for mid, 2k for junior);
- Personal Training Budget and Passion Day - an extra day off for your passion, hobby, and growth to spend as you please;
- Flexible working hours with no micromanagement approach. Our core hours are 9-15, the rest of the working time is your decision;
- We provide high-quality work equipment + 2 additional monitors and accessories.
If you apply for this position and match our expectations, then:
1) You will be invited to talk with Magda (IT Recruiter).
2) You will have a short meeting with our client.
Submit your application online in one easy step! Apply now!