Sigma IT Poland is a division within NEXER GROUP – a custom software development company. In Poland, we started in 2017, and now we are 150+ crew with an office in Wrocław, Warsaw, and any day Cracow. We have the opportunity to work with world-renowned brands from Scandinavia, the UK, and Western Europe. Our goal is to grow strong, rather in competencies than in pure numbers.
If you like what we do, see our offer, maybe it is you we will have the pleasure to meet! :)
About the project & responsibilities
Our client is an AI-driven PharmaTech British company committed to discovering, designing and developing better medicines. It developed the first-ever functional precision oncology platform to successfully guide treatment selection and improve patient outcomes.
You will join a fully remote working Scrum international team, and together with biologists, bioinformaticians and clinicians, you will be deeply embedded in work with cutting-edge web technology, cloud infrastructure and deep learning driven analytical toolchains.
Furthermore, you will take a leading role in enabling research collaborations at the forefront of cancer precision medicine with the ultimate goal of transforming patients’ lives. You will do this through the development of custom web applications from start to finish that allow partners to share information and use common data analysis infrastructure. You will have a significant influence on designing new features and creating requirements.
You might be the perfect match if you are/have:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, preferably in full-stack area;
- Strong programming skills backend in Python (pref. 3.x);
- Intimate knowledge of Python frameworks such as Django (including DRF and Django ORM), Fast API or/and Flask;
- Hands-on experience with database technologies (pref. PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Elasticsearch, MongoDB);
- Advanced English language skills for smooth international cooperation;
- Location in Poland, to make easy signing cooperation offer and, from time to time, team meetings.
Moreover, we appreciate:
- Experience in data catalog tools, graph database technologies and application API frameworks such as RESTful and GraphQL;
- Interest in Life Sciences or Drug Discovery
- Familiarity with engineering best practices such as planning epics, writing many kinds of tests and developing CI/CD pipelines;
- Commercial experience with AWS (IAM, EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, ECS, EKS and VPC);
- Experience in working in or supporting scientific research or a similar innovation and development scenario.
By joining us, you gain the following:
- Exciting projects, multinational and inspiring environment for talented IT professionals. Various projects in diverse, cutting-edge industries. Biotech, Automotive, Internet of Things, or AR/VR;
- Code review done by skilled engineers (over 60% of our team are people with over 5 years of experience in the industry);
- Becoming a part of a team of motivated individuals, that are here to stay. We value loyalty – as you grow, we grow with you;
- Respect for your private life so you don't have to work overtime or on weekends;
- Online and offline integration events - including remote X-mass party and annual WOW tour trip abroad - so far we've been in Cape Town and Barcelona.
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote work from your convenience or in our office in Wrocław or Warsaw;
- Choice of employment form: we offer B2B or employment contract;
- Free benefits such as Luxmed, Multisport, and life insurance in Nationale Nederlanden;
- Attractive referral system (8k for senior, 5k for mid, 2k for junior);
- Personal Training Budget and Passion Day - an extra day off for your passion, hobby, and growth to spend as you please;
- Flexible working hours with no micromanagement approach. Our core hours are 9-15, the rest of the working time is your decision;
- We provide high-quality work equipment + 2 additional monitors and accessories.
If you apply for this position and match our expectations, then:
1) You will be invited to talk with Gosia (Recruiter), to get more information about the project, and to ensure that we fulfil your expectations.
2) The next online meeting will be focused on technical verification.
3) The last stage is about getting to know you better. We will set up a short online meeting with a client.
4) You will get feedback from us, or we will offer you cooperation.
Submit your application online in one easy step! Apply now!