Sigma IT Poland is a division within NEXER GROUP – a custom software development company. In Poland, we started in 2017 and now we are 150+ crew with an office in Wrocław, Warsaw, and any day Cracow. We have the opportunity to work with world-renowned brands from Scandinavia, the UK, and Western Europe. Our goal is to grow strong, rather in competencies than in pure numbers.
If you like what we do, see our offer, maybe it is you we will have the pleasure to meet! :)
We are looking for Bioinformatics Senior Software Engineer, who will join Research & Development Team in Oncology and Data Science Platform. If you want to improve patients’ lives with creativity, have a can-do mentality and an interest in science, you’ll thrive working for our client. In your role you will act quite independently but you will receive complex introduction to the projects by other colleagues working on similar position.
- Build scalable (Cloud and HPC) solutions that work on tens of thousands of CPUs.
- Develop, test, and support bioinformatics data analysis tools and pipelines for Sequencing data (NGS) at scale.
- Automate complex data analysis processes.
- Design and apply innovative computational, machine learning, AI, and statistical algorithms.
- Validate the quality of the datasets using various tools to assess the correctness of the results.
- Manage, analyze, and deliver sequencing data (NGS).
You might be the perfect match if you are/have:
- Relevant graduate degree: Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of applied experience in bioinformatics, specifically in sequencing data analysis: DNA-Seq, RNA-Seq, BS-Seq, Single-Cell, ATAC-Seq, etc.
- Programming skills: Solid Python programming skills, as well as experience in other programming languages.
- Experience in: Unix, SQL databases, REST APIs, Cloud computing (AWS), and HPC (High Performance Computing)
- Experience in software development best practices
Moreover, we appreciate skills in these areas:
- Awareness of machine learning, and statistical data analysis.
- An understanding of the contribution of bioinformatics to drug discovery.
- NGS analyses for Oncology.
By joining us, you gain the following:
- Exciting projects, multinational and inspiring environment for talented IT professionals. Various projects in diverse, cutting-edge industries. Biotech, Automotive, Internet of Things, or AR/VR;
- Code review done by skilled engineers (over 60% of our team are people with over 5 years of experience in the industry);
- Becoming a part of a team of motivated individuals, that are here to stay. We value loyalty – as you grow, we grow with you;
- Respect for your private life so you don't have to work overtime or on weekends;
- Online and offline integration events - including remote X-mass party and annual WOW tour trip abroad - so far we've been in Cape Town and Barcelona.
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote work from your convenience or in our office in Wrocław or Warsaw;
- Choice of employment form: we offer B2B or employment contract;
- Free benefits such as Luxmed, Multisport, and life insurance in Nationale Nederlanden;
- Attractive referral system (8k for senior, 5k for mid, 2k for junior);
- Personal Training Budget and Passion Day - an extra day off for your passion, hobby, and growth to spend as you please;
- Flexible working hours with no micromanagement approach. Our core hours are 9-15, the rest of the working time is your decision;
- We provide high-quality work equipment + 2 additional monitors and accessories.
If you apply for this position and match our expectations, then:
- You will be invited to talk with Magda (IT Recruiter);
- You will participate in technical assessment with coding test;
- You will have a meeting with our client.
Submit your application online in one easy step! Apply now!