Were you ever wondering if working in Scandinavian culture can get better? Yes, if you are using ML to create drug discovery platform that will help oncological patients with targeted therapy. Join us at Sigma IT Poland
on a quest to support British medical startup in inventing life-changing medicines!
As a in our team, you will take a leading role in enabling research collaborations at the forefront of cancer precision medicine with the ultimate goal of transforming patients’ lives. You will do this through the development of custom web applications from start to finish that allow partners to share information and use common data analysis infrastructure. As a Data Engineer you will be deeply embedded in a cross functional team of biologists, bioinformaticians and clinicians and work with cutting-edge web technology, cloud infrastructure and deep learning driven analytical toolchains.
Do you want to change the world? Well, here's your chance! Join us in a quest to deliver solutions that will have impact on health and lives of millions.
What you can expect in the project:
• Automate and scale data processes across the drug discovery lifecycle.
• Collaborate with domain experts in cross functional teams to deliver results.
• Work within an integrated engineering team to standardize best practices, democratize access to data and evolve our data infrastructure.
• Aid in the development of a Knowledge Graph and NLP platform to help our scientists find and use the best data.
• Implementing a new data platform to ensure our data is managed and FAIR.
• Build a snowflake environment to support data discovery and knowledge sharing.
• Design and build pipelines to run asynchronous data processing jobs triggered from a user interface request.
- Strong programming skills, Python preferred.
- Knowledge of database concepts, data modelling and SQL,
- 1.5-3 years experience as Data Engineer
- Experience with serverless and cloud technologies (AWS),
- Communicative, responsible, proactive, customer focused type mindset.
- C1 English.
Moreover, we appreciate skills in these areas:
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL technology (Snowflake, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB etc),
- Pipeline and automation tools (we use Prefect),
- Data Lakes and related technologies such as Athena, BigQuery or Dremio,
- Data catalogue tools,
- Graph database technologies,
- Application API frameworks such as RESTful and GraphQL,
- DevOps concepts such as CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes.
What's in it for you:
- Exciting projects, multinational and inspiring environment for talented IT professionals. Various projects in diverse, cutting-edge industries. Biotech, Automotive, Internet of Things, or AR/VR;
- Code review done by skilled engineers (over 60% of our team are people with over 5 years of experience in the industry);
- Becoming a part of a team of motivated individuals, that are here to stay. We value loyalty – as you grow, we grow with you;
- Respect for your private life so you don't have to work overtime or on weekends;
- Online and offline events – let's know each other better! Barcelona, Goteborg, Cape Town, Oslo - are at least a few destinations we visited during our integrations.
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote work from your convenience or in our office in Wrocław or Warsaw;
- Choice of employment form: we offer B2B or employment contract;
- Free benefits such as Luxmed, Multisport, and life insurance in Nationale Nederlanden;
- Attractive referral system (8k for senior, 5k for mid, 2k for junior);
- Personal Training Budged and Passion Day - an extra day off for your passion, hobby, and growth to spend as you please;
- Flexible working hours with no micro-management approach. Our core hours are 9-15, the rest of the working time is your decision;
- We provide high-quality work equipment + 2 additional monitors and accessories.
If you apply for this position and match our expectations, then:
1) You will be invited to talk with our HR and Tech interviewer.
2) You will have a meeting with our client.
Submit your application online in one easy step! Apply now!