Sigma IT Poland is a division within NEXER GROUP – a custom software development company. In Poland, we started in 2017 and now we are 150+ crew with an office in Wrocław, Warsaw, and any day Cracow. We have the opportunity to work with world-renowned brands from Scandinavia, the UK, and Western Europe. Our goal is to grow strong, rather in competencies than in pure numbers.
If you like what we do, see our offer, maybe it is you we will have the pleasure to meet! :)
We are looking for a Data Engineer with Python, who will join the team, which is part of the Centre of Excellence within data science and data engineering. You will be responsible for data management within advanced analytics projects, taking ownership of the architectural aspects while focusing on data quality and validation. Do you always want to find better and more efficient ways of working to support, develop, and grow the use of existing and new initiatives? If you do, check the details of this job offer and apply!
You might be the perfect match if you are/have:
- You have experience with Python (familiarity with Java is a plus);
- You are familiar with developing data pipelines using Apache Spark for processing large volumes of data;
- You have experience working in a cloud environment (AWS preferred, Azure/GCP is OK);
- You have experience in validating data mapping, selection criteria, aggregations, transformations, data loads, ETL data pipelines;
- You have good understanding of data modelling, data transformation. diagnostic of data;
- You are familiar with Linux and Shell & Bash scripting.
Moreover, we appreciate skills in these areas:
- Ability to develop frameworks/templates for data pipelines using Spark in one of Python/Java/Scala;
- Excellent understanding of CI/CD and coding best practices;
- Experience with Databricks.
By joining us, you gain the following:
- Exciting projects, multinational and inspiring environment for talented IT professionals. Various projects in diverse, cutting-edge industries. Biotech, Automotive, Internet of Things, or AR/VR;
- Code review done by skilled engineers (over 60% of our team are people with over 5 years of experience in the industry);
- Becoming a part of a team of motivated individuals, that are here to stay. We value loyalty – as you grow, we grow with you;
- Respect for your private life so you don't have to work overtime or on weekends;
- Online and offline integration events - including remote X-mass party and annual WOW tour trip abroad - so far we've been in Cape Town and Barcelona.
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote work from your convenience or in our office in Wrocław or Warsaw;
- Choice of employment form: we offer B2B or employment contract;
- Free benefits such as Luxmed, Multisport, and life insurance in Nationale Nederlanden;
- Attractive referral system (8k for senior, 5k for mid, 2k for junior);
- Personal Training Budget and Passion Day - an extra day off for your passion, hobby, and growth to spend as you please;
- Flexible working hours with no micromanagement approach. Our core hours are 9-15, the rest of the working time is your decision;
- We provide high-quality work equipment + 2 additional monitors and accessories.
If you apply for this position and match our expectations, then:
1) You will be invited to talk with Marta.
2) You will have a technical meeting with our client.
Submit your application online in one easy step! Apply now!